A new round of funding will create a slew of green jobs in Durham NCRecovery and Reinvestment Act
Public and private agencies in North Carolinaprivate businesses
According to the Triangle Business Journal
- Wake County – A $164,575 grant will be used to hire two recent college graduates as sustainability fellows. The workers, who must have technical and building knowledge, will evaluate the effectiveness of the county’s Energy Design Guidelines and make recommendations for improvements.
- Raleigh – A $104,864 grant will be used to hire a fellow who will conduct policy research on energy efficiency, renewable energies, and green initiatives. The fellow also will teach city employees about new sustainability options.
- N.C. State University
- The Utilities and Engineering Services/Department of Energy Management – A $475,488 grant will be used to hire six fellows to work in the NCSU Office of Energy Management Solar Center Office of Sustainability Future Renewable Electric Energy Delivery and Management Systems Center Advanced Energy
- Aerospace and Engineering Program – A $464,801 grant will be used to hire 48 part-time and full-time interns to work with outside partners or on campus in the Industrial Assessment Center Energy Management Program
- College of Natural Resources – A $435,481 grant will be used to hire 45 interns and three fellows with master’s degrees.
- Solar Center – A $373,469 grant will fund six internships and four fellowships to share research projects and provide estimates on greenhouse gas reductions.
- Duke University – The Nicholas School of the Environment
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – A $324,736 grant will be used to provide a fellowship for a recent graduate program graduate, two fellowships for undergraduate graduates, 12 summer internships for graduate students, 10 summer internships for undergraduate students, eight semester internships for graduate students, and 28 semester internships for graduate students.
- Environment Defense Fund – A $269,209 grant will be used to place 24 students pursuing masters degrees with 18 host organizations.
- Clean Energy Durham – An $85,945 grant will be used to hire two interns from North Carolina Central University
- Meredith College – A $30,586 grant will be used to hire one fellow to work with staff to reduce energy consumption and develop a campus-wide energy management and conservation program.
Tags: Jobs in Durham NC