There should be more marketing jobs in Phoenix (http://jobs.bestwestern.com
The August 2011 CMO Surveymarketing employees
The survey asked a number of top marketing employees to answer the following question: “Compared to the number of marketing hires last year, by what percentage will your firm’s marketing hires change in the next year?”
The survey found:
- Companies are planning to hire 7.2 percent more marketers during the next 12 months than the previous year.
- B2B-Product Companies will increase marketing hiring the most (+11.6 percent), followed by B2C-Service Companies (+8.3 percent), B2B-Service Companies (+5.6 percent) and B2C-Product Companies (+.2 percent).
- Marketing jobs will increase the most in consulting (+17.3 percent), manufacturing (+14.9 percent), technology (+12.5 percent), baking/finance/insurance (+11.9 percent), and healthcare/pharmaceutical (+8.3 percent).
- Marketing hiring among small-size businesses (less than $25 million) will increase 14.8 percent over the next year.
- Marketing hiring among medium-size businesses ($26 million to $999 million) will grow 4 percent over the next 12 months.
- Marketing hiring among large companies ($1 billion to $9.9 billion) will rise 1.4 percent.
- Marketing hiring among mega companies (more than $10 billion) will increase .3 percent.
- Companies with no Internet sales plan to hire the most marketers at a 10.4 percent increase.